Here’s a look back at the top stories on Domain Name Wire last month, ranked by views.
1. Frank Schilling new TLD auction grosses more than $40 million – Schilling’s UNR sold 23 top level domains to 10 different buyers.
2. Lawsuit: Bird.com and Fish.com domain buyer failed to pay – Right of the Dot’s February domain name auction wasn’t nearly as successful as it first appeared. A bidder who appeared to win three domains for $4.85 million didn’t pay.
3. China wants to patent a decentralized blockchain DNS – CNNIC applied for a U.S. patent covering what it says is a better domain name system.
4. ICANN to terminate Pheenix domain registrar – After many consumer complaints and late bills, ICANN finally pulled the plug on a domain name registrar that was big in the drop catching game.
5. What’s next for .Web – An Independent Review Panel found against ICANN but not really for Afilias, setting up a few different scenarios for what happens to .web.
#340 – Great domain investing insights
#339 – How cryptocurrency drives the domain aftermarket
#338 – Wacky domain acquisition stories
#337 – Buying and selling online businesses
#336 – Brandable domain investor success story
Post link: Top 5 domain name stories in May
© DomainNameWire.com 2021. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact editor (at) domainnamewire.com. Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.