CoinList, a service platform for new crypto offerings, today unveiled its new batch of crypto projects for CoinList Seed, its platform for early-stage crypto entrepreneurs to connect with the CoinList community.
More than 1,000 startups applied for the chance to join the new batch, which gives participating projects exposure to CoinList’s community of 4 million KYC-verified users as well as potential collaborations with other CoinList Seed companies.
“The Winter 2022 batch features a record-breaking pool of applicants that was our most diverse cohort yet. Participating teams span across gaming, cross-chain infrastructure, social investing, payments, user acquisition for DAOs, on-chain contracting and data analysis.”
– Kathy Karcz, CoinList Seed Program Manager
Meet the new Winter 2022 CoinList Seed batch:
- EthSign – EthSign is the first electronic signing and execution platform. (https://ethsign.xyz/#/)
- Exorde Labs – Exorde is the first web3 platform for analyzing the propagation of information on the Web. (https://exorde.network/)
- Immortal Game – Immortal Game is building the first play-and-earn Chess game with gamified NFTs, leagues, levels, crafting, achievements, and more. (https://immortal.game/)
- Mesha – Mesha is a decentralized social investing platform that lets users invest together in teams. (https://www.mesha.club)
- Paychant – Paychant helps businesses in Africa to easily accept digital currency for online payments, saving up to 90% transaction fees that traditional payment gateway charges them. (https://paychant.com)
- Smoothie – Smoothie is a tokenized awards protocol that helps founders launch their web3 projects. (https://www.withsmoothie.com/)
- t3rn – T3rn (pronounced ‘tern’) is a smart contract hosting platform that enables fail-safe, multi-chain execution and trustless, composable collaboration. (https://www.t3rn.io/)
Fifty crypto and blockchain projects have passed through the CoinList program and these projects have also launched tokens, protocols, and dApps with widespread adoption across the ecosystem.
Numerous teams that previously went through the CoinList Seed program have gone on to raise investment from funds including Electric Capital, Pantera Capital, Multicoin, Placeholder, and Blocktower. Moreover, many have launched tokens, protocols, or dApps in the ecosystem with widespread adoption.
“Despite volatility in the crypto markets in 2022, appetite for early-stage crypto startups has only increased. We’re seeing significant demand from both early-stage startups looking to get the word out, and from investors looking for upstream opportunities with bigger upside. It’s been an awesome way for us to source potential candidates for future collaboration while helping out promising teams at the very start of their journey.”
– Alex Topchishvili, Director of Marketing at CoinList
Some notable examples of previous participants in CoinList Seed include:
- Acala (Summer 2020) — Acala, a DeFi platform built for the Polkadot ecosystem, has amassed a vibrant ecosystem of projects building on Acala since participating in the Summer 2020 batch of CoinList Seed. Since then, Acala has secured a $7M round from top VCs at the end of 2020, raised over $61M from 26,000+ contributors for the Acala (ACA) treasury, won Polkadot’s first-ever parachain auction receiving 32.5 million DOT tokens worth $1.27 billion for the auction, and recently, launched the aUSD token, Acala’s decentralized, multi-collateral stablecoin that powers its DeFi economy.
- PARSIQ (Summer 2020) — Parsiq, the blockchain data monitoring platform and member of the first-ever CoinList Seed cohort, has since launched its $PRQ token, raised a $3M funding round led by the Solana Foundation, and secured strategic partnerships with over 50 companies in the crypto and traditional finance space, including brands like Solana, AAVE, Polkadot, Clover Finance, and Balancer. PARSIQ has grown to 43,000 registered users and has over 150,000 deployed smart triggers, or smart contracts deployed into the PARSIQ environment.
- Rabbit Hole (Fall 2020) — Rabbit Hole is a learn-to-earn platform that partners with protocols to drive awareness and network user acquisition. Since participating in the Summer 2021 CoinList Seed batch, Rabbit Hole has raised an $18M Series A and partnered with protocols such as TheGraph and PoolTogether, helping both grow their communities. The number of curators on TheGraph grew by 4x and PoolTogether increased the number of $POOL token holders by 12% after their respective Rabbit Hole quest periods. The learn-to-earn vertical continues to gain traction, and Rabbit Hole has been a strong contributor to this growth and is well-positioned for future success.
- Pawnfi (Fall 2021) — Pawnfi, the first liquidity protocol for non-standard assets, raised a $3M strategic round, partnered with Biconomy (another CoinList Seed project) to enhance the liquidity of NFT assets and build promising Web 3 products, partnered with numerous metaverse projects to expand the borders of NFTs, and achieved 3x active user growth since participating in the Fall 2021 Seed cohort.
The post CoinList unveils the 7 crypto seed projects for Winter 2022 cohort appeared first on CryptoNinjas.